The Sanitary Pharmaceutical filter housing helps ensure the integrity of your pharmaceutical or biotech application by providing a highly polished filter housing with sanitary fittings, vent connection and no internal threads. This model is provided in 316L stainless steel as standard and allows for easy cleaning after complete dis-assembly. (Recommended Steaming Procedure)
The typical housing can hold up to four 12-inch or 16-inch diameter Pak lenticular filter module cartridges in a vertical configuration. For additional integrity assurance, ErtelAlsop Bio-Pak Double O-Ring cartridges should be used within this housing.
The Bio-Pak® is designed with no stainless steel parts. The center core is made of polypropylene and instead of flat gasket end caps, Double O-Ring plug-in style connectors are provided. This superior model provides the following advantages over the stainless steel strapped, flat gasket design:
- Positive sealing between Pak cartridges and between the cartridge and the housing.
- Center core provides a rigid structure, eliminating the need for a center post.
- No center post means less labor- no need for lifting cartridges over a center post.
- Fewer material components reduce compatibility issues.
- T-316L stainless steel with 180 grit finish
- 1.5” Sanitary tri-clamp Inlet & Outlet with 90 deg elbows
- 0-60 psi stainless steel non-sanitary gauge
- V-Band Clamp Closure
- 60 PSIG
- EPDM Elastomers/Gaskets
- Non-Adjustable Legs with foot pads
- Top Vent
- Material of Construction
- ASME Code
- Flange Fittings
- Gasket Material – Buna-N, Neoprene, V iton, Silicon, Teflon Encapsulated
- Bottom Drains
- Portable Carts
|Specs.||12 inch||16 inch|
|Material of Construction||316 Stainless Steel||316 Stainless Steel|
|Standard Height||981 mm (38.6 in)||981 mm (38.6 in)|
|Standard Width – Base||485 mm (19.1 in)||587 mm (23.1 in)|
|Standard Width – Dome||324 mm (12.75 in)||425 mm (16.75 in)|
|Weight – Empty||34.1 kg (75 lbs)||55.3 kg (122 lbs)|
|Volume – Empty||29.7 l3 (1,809 in3)||51.9 l3 (3,166 in3)|
|Volume with Pak lenticular filter module||20 l3 (1,222 in3)||33.3 l3 (2,032 in3)|
|Media Diameter||305 mm (12 in)||406 mm (16 in)|
|Number of Cells per Pak lenticular filter module||16||16|
|Filter Area||1.72 m2 (18.5 ft2)||1.72 m2 (39.5 ft2)|
|Average Flow Rate||3.79 l/m2 (1 gpm/ft2)||3.79 l/m2 (1 gpm/ft2)|
|* Based on a 1 high filter housing. Refer to our tech sheets for further information*|
|**All dimensions are for reference only.|